Friday, January 13, 2006

i feel horrible. hopeless. lonely. disgusted. i wish i could erase the last 3 years.
came home to 3 boneless cats, purring and flopping on the floor in front of me. the radiator was hissing. the city sparkled through the window. my things are right where i left them. the walk here was wet and dark and comforting. everyone inside smiled at everyone else. and then i realized: that was my life then, this is my life now. i hate my life then, i dig my life now. and as a dirty version of 'back door man' plays overhead, i feel better...
i reread this and am appalled at the frenetic use of tense.

1 comment:

Lo said...

Hang in there.....as a 14 year-divorced woman who lived in some really "wet" and oogie places for awhile...it gets better. Really better. Like, happy-better.