Sunday, May 16, 2010

disillusion du jour

ever since I didn't say what I desperately wanted to, and proceeded to mortify myself with lovesick beer tears, and spend an annoying night at work with my head feeling like it was caught in a plastic bag whilst being snubbed by the coworker who'd hit on me the night before... my chipper mood has subtly yet steadily abated.
today's estate sale helped. I love the old interiors, the precipitous staircases and haunted basements, the dress coats with fur collars,the books of sheet music and tools. this place even had a mink muff. I was tempted- it was cozy and I want to be able to make peurile muff jokes- but i didn't have enough money. rain. seattle smells like wet dust. hot ginger candy. humid sweat, lips parted, "it's all I can do" on the radio.
eight days until Alaska.

no edit

No comments: