Friday, December 19, 2008

there were not such angles in anchorage.

we have been anointed with winter.
the lair:

where my street terminates, just past my building... someone attempted it and thought "nah."

most of the streets connecting to mine have been closed.

this was my street, 5th avenue N, at 2 am. i am walking up the hill after being dropped off by coworkers at the bottom. i am carrying my shoulder bag over one arm and groceries in the other. and wearing scrubs. it was dicey.

parked vehicles had rolled into one another. this is an awful picture, but i was balancing on a 30 degree incline at the time.

i am temporarily mired atop my hill. the road is a vertical ice rink. most of the buses, including to both my neighborhood and my job, have stopped running completely. i made it to work yesterday by walking downtown in the sleet and catching one of the last northbound bus routes before they suspended service. i have already called in to work today. there is nothing more i can do. the sun is shining. it is fucking beautiful here.

so i'm stuck at my house... at least, severely limited... wearing a camisole in the 75 degree room as the air freezes outside... and taking pictures of my cat.

another storm hits this weekend.

No comments: