Sunday, December 21, 2008

fun with 8 inches

when i awoke yesterday morning it was completely cloudless and cold as fuck:

the city buses are still in a kerfuffle. none are running to my job in lake city. i found this out when the route ended in ravenna... my 2nd snow day. i am now working xmas eve and new year's eve to make up the hours. i am actually happy about this.
when trudging back to the u district the snow started to fall.

by the time a bus got me downtown there were about 2-3 inches. everyone was in a good mood. kids were wandering around catching snowflakes on their tongues.


there are still no buses going to my neighborhood. i walked up from the base of the hill. finally, after several days of treachery, my actual street is officially closed.

(i live at the very top.)
*
j lives on the other side of queen anne. he walked over. we went to dexter & hayes and played pool.

people were sledding on the street. there were no vehicles around.

in front of my building:

and the same view from my lair, 16 hours after the morning photograph:

No comments: