Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"i will always love the false image i had of you"

i love summers that actually last for the entire "summer" season.

today i presented my research on reflexology and craniosacral therapy as modalities to reduce stress. afterwards i had my first east coast swing class. these two events help assuage all the dumb things i've done lately, like posting non-identifying but potentially offensive gore pictures on facebook. the worst feeling is realizing that i fuck up when i completely, entirely do not mean to. i am far more naive and oblivious than i should be. this is a stupid fact but it sounds like a fucking excuse, which makes me feel even worse.
and i spilled vanilla oil all over my sweater...
east coast swing is fun. i already (clumsily) know the jitterbug, aka west coast; east coast is six steps instead of eight. the room was about 90 degrees. my bare arms were slippery. i have always wanted to learn how to dance... and now i am. also on the list: glassblowing, french, the cadaver lab at bastyr... it's a big world. i have to remind myself.

No comments: