Monday, August 25, 2008

she said my pressure was perfect

it has rained approximately 3 inches over the last few days. in august, this is peculiar. it has lent a melancholic pensive air to everything- not bad, just a distinct change in atmosphere- i feel like i feel in november, but with flowers blooming, if that makes sense.
listening to a very, very nostagic album today added to the patina. again, not bad- simply put me squarely back into another era, to the point that i am impressed at how much i retain from the seemingly mundane without being conscious of it at the time.
see: fremont lair, devoid of furniture, cold as fuck, cat hair skittering in clumps across the wood floor. i am kneeling in front of the stereo playing this album, this fuck-me-to-this-album album that someone was kind enough to burn for me. i am playing it for someone new. he is indifferent, which devolves into contempt and scurrility once he realizes its source. a fight ensues. it was probably one of the many nights i left that apartment -my home, not his- to get away from it. i walked fremont at two, three in the morning many, many times that winter. if it wasn't actively raining, at least everything was still wet. the world was lit from within. and like a fucking fool, i felt like the most complicated person alive.
*
i had forgotten how good the album actually is.
it provided a very nice soundtrack today.
*
school: front-of-leg massage today, back-of-leg tomorrow. i have not yet properly studied for the exam on the skeletal system. the human body amazes me. everything makes sense. we are lyrical beasts. thus i am rewarding my lyricism with a glass of red wine...
after class i went to a reptile CE at work. whilst there a client brought in her pet skunk. i had never before seen a skunk up close. and they are adorable, even when near death as this one was. their hair is long and coarse, cavy-like. i took blurry pictures. his leg was too edematous for me to effectively catheterize.
"take take take" is playing. i fucking love this song. it is extremely fun to sing along with, loudly, my voice purposely cracking. the frantic, irrational obsessiveness of it has always turned me on. and the dissonant cadence helps.
*
my heart is in my mouth
*
i am so fucking excited for whatever happens next.

No comments: