Saturday, May 12, 2007

very, very shamefully frivolous

the enormous pig is part of the centennial "parade of the pigs" shindig at pike place market. my neighbors are painting it to resemble the EMP. in doing so they have co-opted the area where i smoke my morning cigarette.
i very nearly stepped in an enormous puddle of chunky orange vomit whilst exiting the bus. the bottom stair makes a great bowl. i wonder how long it had been there. "oh god!" i exclaimed as the doors shut behind me. i adore the foulness of public transport. this must be why i never get colds- i have homeopathically exposed myself to every germ available.
got a wild hair today to acquire a trampoline. a large one, the kind spoiled schoolkids act obnoxious on in their carefully mown backyards. it would go in my apartment. i have fucking loft ceilings, for chrissake! i drove from lynnwood to tukwila and back, searching. the smallest available is 12' round, too large for my lair. my daylong precoccupation with My Fantastic Future Life With Trampoline (i would become a sensual gymnast! i would turn on my xmas lights and some good music and jump jump jump my worries away! i would indirectly titillate the assisted-living residents across the street! i would sleep on it during the hot summer nights! i would have Jouncy Trampoline Sex upon it! oh, it went on and on, these notions.) withered miserably, about the time the sun vanished behind clouds and it started to get rather cold and my ass began to hurt from the driving.
i am still looking for a smaller model... 10'x10', say.
the problem with 4 consecutive days off: far too much time to fritter around with banalities. on my deathbed: i should have worked more.

No comments: