Tuesday, May 22, 2007

it is so

the people are perhaps not as stupid as they were 3 years ago?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10562904/
the last 3 days at work have been beatifically wrought with competence. i have been in a very good mood. everyone is cheerful and feeding off of each other. this is how it should be. happiness is every bit as symbiotic as ire. i forget this too often.
i have been sleeping like crap. on sunday i woke from a nightmare at 3 am, completely panicked. c had cornered me in a library and was trying to rape me. at one point he said something like "this is what you deserve" and grabbed me around the neck, hanging me over the balcony, choking me. i think i fell to the floor below, or was in the act of falling when i came to with a gasp. i was disoriented and panting in my bed for several minutes, thinking he was somewhere in the apartment with plans to kill me, before i realized it was only a dream. this only proves the instinct i've felt from the first time i met him that someday i will read his name in the news as the perpetrator of some vile crime.
last night my dreams were back to their typical calibre of banality: in a car with one of my coworkers, overcast weather: just a scene, no plot, no emotional context, like a page from a barry yasgrau (?) novel.
every patient with an anus shit all over themselves during work today, most multiple times. again: the mood of the place made all the difference between it being miserable and merely disgusting. we were laughing about it, cleaning up for each other, making crude jokes. these are the days when i love my job.
my exhaustion is causing me to repeat myself.

No comments: