Monday, September 04, 2006

huddle closer for warmth

i get my mental high just as my physical self succumbs to exhaustion... thus, bloodshot and weathered, i am out on the town. work was busy but not hideously so, and coexistence was blessedly smooth. 'careful with that axe, eugene' was on the radio during the drive home- such a fucked-up song, undoubtedly the stimulus for '10:15 saturday night.'
i had a harold & maude hankering last night, which happens fairly frequently, so watched the movie for about the 30th time. it is still my favorite. saw another hal ashby film, 'one final thing', that was completely different but almost as wonderful, and i recommend it heartily.
one of my coworkers has an uncanny resemblence to bud cort as harold... mixed with andrew mccarthy. while i consider it a positive thing, i am reluctant to tell him.
my mind is racing today. it is crashing into things en route. unfocused. this is usually the babbly trill before the thudding doledrums.

No comments: