Monday, September 27, 2010

sugar on top

today was a good day.
insert further lyrics here...
*
it's muggy as balls in ye olde 206. i love it. it reminds me of walking around new orleans at 2am, which i actually ignorantly did... days like this make me *almost* forgive the unsummer. i adore a soft night.
saturday was lovely enough to resume the blue study- walking downtown before work, sweating in short sleeves, listening to fucking phish.

bombastic cloudage from the week prior:

oh yeah! lemmy fucking kilmister! according to wikipedia, he is also known as "the mayor of drinkin' island"!

he played a show with "the head cat"- slim jim from the stray cats was on drums. i was six feet away. it appears that he's had his growths removed. he actually looked quite good for what he's put his body through. polite as fuck. excellent performer.
he received no respect from the greaser dry-humping his wench directly in front of me.

a window on 1st avenue:

i came home last week to this view from my lair:

where were YOU when the moon was full?
my neighbors were gone. they are graced with the full view of the skyline:

i finally had a busy monday. the first client didn't tip me at all- and she repeatedly told me how much she LOVED the massage and how AMAZING it was. perhaps she doesn't realize that we service-industry types rely on fucking tips. that was annoying. but the next client groaned happily the entire time and tipped me $20 cash, so it evened out.
i even have an idiotic bio on the website!
my insecurities from last week have mellowed. my rebook rebooked again. i did 4 massages today and two people fell asleep. and my body doesn't fucking hurt. i'm getting used to this... i did the books while o cleaned my room. my ipod was still plugged in. he blared "i talk to the wind." "you like king crimson?" i asked. "i never thought of them for massage, but they work" he said.
tiresias:

morning at the lair:

entropy through the screen:

i came thisclose to publishing a lascivious photo of myself, but that's inappropriate, so i didn't.
in lieu of that, my recipe for excellent baba ganouj, as created with my awesome new blender:
1 big-ass eggplant
1 big-ass shallot
roast these for ~45 minutes in a 400 degree oven. put some olive oil in the pan if you want.
scrape the eggplant out of its skin and away from its seeds. put the eggplant-snot and the soft, amazing-smelling shallots in the blender.
add the juice of 2 large lemons, a healthy slug of tahini, a big toss (like 1 tsp) of ground cumin and cayenne, and maybe some water or olive oil for additional lubrication.
blend!
add a fuck-ton of salt!
put more cayenne on top! i like it spicy. temper accordingly.
it's especially delicious with those salty 'savory rice crackers' from trader joe's.
i brought my last batch to work in a fucking tupperware container. i felt ever so domestic!
*
this was the last thing i saw before walking into a place and drinking premium negronis and eating orgasmic salmon tartare and homemade corn-nuts and quinoa and sweetbreads.

like i said, life is good.
i love this city.

No comments: