Sunday, August 15, 2010

the last Sunday

tomorrow is my first shift at the new job. I'm supposed to wear tasteful garb, which will probably involve black pants and a black shirt. it'll be in the 90s and the place has no air conditioning. I probably won't have a client- who wants a massage when they're inescapably sweaty? well, I wouldn't mind... I'm still enduring the ennui of my last Renton shift, so shan't stress too much yet.
*
the tombs is at the Seattle er with a uti. I figured she wouldn't appreciate the 20 mile sweatfest drive here. her BUN is slightly elevated but fuck, she's nearly 14 years old. she doesn't seem too compromised overall. I'll pick her up tonight. today was a scary reminder of how fucking horrible it'll be when she's gone. she's the sole witness to my adult life...
*
tomatoes and ranch dressing and blueberries! not all at once.
soundtrack: beck "guero", sticking to the seat, sticking to myself, licking my salty bare arm, buying ridiculous chandelier earrings from a Mexican street mercado, temperature 95 degrees.

No comments: