Thursday, May 29, 2008

everything is beautiful

i walked around a single block:




it is possibly my new favorite block in seattle.
*
i love nighttime because it frees me from responsibility. the only venues open cater to my more hedonistic tendencies. bill collectors, banks, shops- closed! out of reach! it is just me and the darkness. and i enjoy the anonymity.
i walked across the fremont bridge to get here- the establishment at which i am typing this. the water was glassy. it seems like a long time ago that i lived in this neighborhood. i remember when i first moved back to seattle in 2002- riding my bike back to first hill at 2 in the morning, admiring the reflections on the water as i crossed the same bridge- the only person in the world, it seemed. seattle was my personal fucking playground. and tonight i feel the same way. i love that.

No comments: