Wednesday, April 25, 2007

the conversation still had a flawless flow

i am going to new orleans! in JUNE! "prepare to sweat" said my boss, evilly.
it is crucial to have something completely nonsensible and frivolous to look forward to at all times. this shall be my new m.o. i suppose it always has been, but went under slightly more sinister monikers like "instant gratification/brilliance in justifying anything."
work, one coworker in particular, has been the source of much consternation. i finally spoke to my manager yesterday. she was very nice about it, acting like i wasn't telling her anything she didn;t already know, but i feel like an asshole now. confrontation is not a strength of mine; i abashedly tend towards passive-aggressive mindfuckery. thus my first day off, today, has been saturated with pangs of stress. i relented and bought a puzzle, which is my equivalent of a junkie smoking crack; it is very ugly and very cheap, the coliseum in athens with far too much nondescript blue sky and confusing flora; i worked on it until my apartment grew dim, muttering to myself all the while. being hip and cool will wait for another day, i suppose.
a guy with far too much Hair Product and a psuedo-ironic western shirt is babbling very loudly into his phone. i fucking hate cell phones. a car nearly smacked me whilst i was crossing the street on the way here tonight; the driver, a baseball-cap-wearing phone user, glowered at me. i smiled and mouthed 'asshole'.
the other stuff that has been preoccupying me A LOT is not worth jinxing with prattle just yet.

No comments: