Monday, March 07, 2011

la nuit du jour

cab drivers in seattle are so randy! they all compliment my hair and ask me if i have a boyfriend. "where is your man?" they inquire. is there a good answer to that? in the past I have made an obstreperous remark; giggled inanely; blinked back tears whilst staring unlovably out the taxi window... tonight I laughed and said "oh, he's around somewhere." i feel jaunty and good. life is fun. life is as interesting as i want it to be. bravery, indifference, who cares? things work out.
the pendulum swings upward.
*
for those who have made me really, really happy in the past week, and who have reminded me that I have a very pleasurable life here in Seattle: thank you and I value you and I feel so lucky to be part of your world.
*
enough with the treacle.
in my head: hot chocolate "every 1's a winner." dreadful, I know. but so sprightly!

No comments: