Thursday, April 10, 2008

nectar on my calyx

the first discarded television of the season!

it was warm enough today to briefly shed my jacket and walk uphill with my sleeves pushed up. i needed the optimism of spring more than i realized.
so i went to my happy place, the conservatory at volunteer park. i have several happy places- that is, locales. this one, unfortunately, has fairly limited hours. i got to play with the macro on my camera.
a fabulous succulent, encroaching:

cupping a willing fern:

an extraordinarily phallic vessel, dangling at eye level, filled with water. i believe it is called something prosaic like 'water jug plant'- the pendulous part is about a foot long, tethered by thick vines.

and an especially sexy, sexy flower.

1 comment:

brynn said...

GRRRRR!
where is the commentary from the exotic lover?